Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramic, known as CEREC in the dental field is the modern state-of-the-art method that utilizes computer assisted design (CAD) and computer-aided manufacturing (CAM) technology to create full coverage restorations in-office.
At Restoration Dental Studio we have specialized equipment that allows us to design these restorations, create them in the office, and deliver them permanently the same day all in just one trip to our office. Digital dentistry is the new mainstream practice as we incorporate intra-oral scanners, in-office milling units, and the newest design software. Digital dentistry is a phenomenal tool that has innovated dentistry and the overall delivery leaving patients happier than ever before.
After the tooth or teeth are fully prepped, they are dried and scanned. During this time an intra-oral camera is moved throughout the mouth to capture static images of the tooth and all of its surfaces using its camera and blue LED lights. The static images are stitched together and finally generates a 3-D image.
An intra-oral scan will be one of the first steps in preparing for a crown or bridge, but can also be used in possible orthodontic treatment we offer through SureSmile®. A full mouth scan typically takes around 5 minutes and a complete 3-D model of both dental arches are then evaluated for orthodontic treatment.
- No more impressions! This means you no longer have to bite into a wax or putty mixture that will harden to create a mold of your teeth. This helps in more ways than just with nasty aftertastes, but it’s also way less messy.
- It’s much faster for creating treatment plans. Digital scanning speeds up the process due to being able to immediately send digital copies to other software in the office or to a professional lab when making partials or dentures.
- 100% accuracy the very first time! Digital scanning can produce an extremely precise model of the teeth without having to redo any scans or take multiple impressions for different areas of the mouth.
Once the scan is finished, the proposal design of the restoration is sent to the CEREC Primemill milling unit. This intelligent software fabricates the actual restoration by producing smooth, accurate, and natural feeling restorations such as crowns, bridges, and veneers.
The milling process takes place inside the machine where a block of the chosen material is milled, or fabricated using either a wet or dry setting that finely shapes the margins of the tooth and smoothes the surfaces.
The final product is not completed until the restoration is sintered and glazed in the CEREC Speedfire which produces a more durable restoration. The final product can be customized in the office with additional shading and glazing to perfectly match the chosen shade if need be. We’re ready to seat the restoration at this point!
Primeprint 3D Printer
This is a medical-grade 3D printer that manufactures patient specific appliances. These appliances can be models, nightguards, retainers and so much more. These products are formed from a resin material that is polymerized through digital light processing (DLP). The primemill is an innovative and regulated intelligent machine that ensures high quality appliances. This machine provides our office with the access to digital technology for more flexibility when it comes to treatment planning for individual cases and their needs.
- Nightguards/ Occlusal guards
- Clear retainers
- Essix retainers
- Study models (complete dental arch)
- Surgical Guides for Implants
advantages of CEREC
- Dental work that typically takes multiple visits to complete can now be completed in a single appointment. This makes it more convenient for patients with busy schedules or anxiety when it comes to dental work.
- By utilizing this software, the Dentist has much more precise control over the creation of the restoration and the milling unit is extremely precise, producing the best most natural fitting finished restoration.
- Permanent restorations, meaning no temporary solutions. An issue can be restored all at once without the worry of creating more damage while wearing a temporary restoration, which reduces stress and cost.
- Collaborative platforms. Offices equipped with digital dentistry increase efficiency for your treatment planning while we are able to collaborate with other dental professionals throughout the software system to meet your dental needs.